Re: [ceph-users] Re: jj's "improved" ceph balancer

Hi Erich!

Yes, in most cases the mgr-balancer will happily accept jj-balancer movements and neither reverts nor worsens its optimizations.
It just generates new upmap items or removes existing ones, just like the mgr-balancer (which has to be in upmap mode of course).
So the intended usage is that you can run the script from time to time, yes, expecially when your cluster changes, pgs are moved due to failures, ...
A continuous mode is yet to be implemented :)

You can see (I think) best with prometheus/grafana how things are going, and with `show --osds --sort-utilization`.

I hope it's useful for you, maybe you can report back your experience!

-- Jonas