Re: [ceph-users] jj's "improved" ceph balancer

Hi Josh,

That's another interesting dimension...
Indeed a cluster that has plenty of free capacity could indeed be balanced by workload/iops, but once it reaches maybe 60 or 70% full, then I think capacity would need to take priority.

But to be honest I don't really understand the workload/iops balancing use-case. Can you describe some of the scenarios you have in mind?

.. Dan