RFP for arm64 test nodes

Ceph has been completely ported to build and run on ARM hardware (architecture arm64/aarch64), but we're unable to test it due to lack of hardware. We propose to purchase a significant number of ARM servers (50+?) to install in our upstream Sepia test lab to use for upstream testing of Ceph, alongside the x86 hardware we already own.

This message is to start a discussion of what the nature of that hardware should be, and an investigation as to what's available and how much it might cost. The general idea is to build something arm64-based that is similar to the smithi/gibba nodes:

https://wiki.sepia.ceph.com/doku.php?id=hardware:gibba

Some suggested features:

* base hardware/peripheral support for current releases of RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu * 1 fast and largish (400GB+) NVME drive for OSDs (it will be partitioned into 4-5 subdrives for tests) * 1 large (1TB+) SSD/HDD for boot/system and logs (faster is better but not as crucial as for cluster storage)
* Remote/headless management (IPMI?)
* At least 1 10G network interface per host
* Order of 64GB main memory per host

Density is valuable to the lab; we have space but not an unlimited amount.

Any suggestions on vendors or specific server configurations?

Thanks!