Re: [Ceph-announce] v16.2.6 Pacific released

On 9/21/21 12:13 PM, David Galloway wrote:

> On 9/20/21 4:54 AM, Fabian Grünbichler wrote:

>>> Oh, actually, in this particular release, debian/buster is the combined
>>> repo where all the packages ended up:
>>> https://chacra.ceph.com/r/ceph/pacific/ee28fb57e47e9f88813e24bbf4c14496ca299d31/debian/buster/flavors/default/pool/main/c/ceph/
>>
>> so if I understand correctly, the debs are picked up from the indivual
>> builds and collected, and then that collection is pulled, signed, and
>> pushed back out?
>
> I'm not sure.  I'm not super familiar with .deb repos in the first place
> or what magic chacra does in the background.  I think what I can do to
> rectify this problem is just build all of the previous Pacific versions
> for Bullseye.  I will try that.

This unfortunately isn't going to be possible because previous point
releases are still trying to pull in dependencies that don't exist in
Debian Bullseye.  i.e., they don't have

https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/43151
https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/43131

Will this be problematic for each subsequent point release or is it okay
that we're sort of starting over with the Release files starting with
16.2.6?