Ceph Leadership Team meeting 2021-09-08

Hello,

This week's meeting:

- debian builds (David)
  - currently both octopus and pacific are built for buster
  - we use pbuilder so adding a new distro should be relatively trivial
  - only pacific and later would be built for bullseye
    - no particular technical reason, just want to nudge people to move
      forward

- ceph.io planet
  - https://github.com/feedreader/pluto should work
  - next step is to get ansible snippets in place and install it
  - configuration (regex for blog entry paths, etc) would be handled
    separately

- upcoming 16.2.6 release
  - pacific branch has been building up for a while now but nfs is not
    in yet (https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/43075)
  - OTOH a couple of important monitor and bluestore fixes have landed,
    need to get them out ASAP
  - Yuri to announce the last call today and start release testing on
    Friday

- bluejeans (Sage)
  - we may need to transition away from bluejeans in the future
  - is gmeet an option?
    - multiple issues (no automatic recordings, no chat history for
      those who joined late, google account is not required but people
      can't join without being accepted by the owner)
  - some of these could be solved by a gsuite account for ceph.io

- "make check" in containers (David)
  - jenkins job to create a container where "make check" would run
    - isolated clean environment: centos 7/8, ubuntu bionic/focal
    - https://github.com/ceph/ceph-build/compare/build-make-check-container
      https://quay.ceph.io/repository/cephci/make-check?tab=info
  - not ready for switching the actual ceph-pull-requests job yet

  - we currently have three jobs building ceph on each PR (make check,
    dashboard api and dashboard e2e), can this be reused there?

  - same for a devel/buildenv container (this + cpatch?)
    - already in use by some teams but fairly limited
      - https://github.com/rhcs-dashboard/ceph-dev/blob/master/docker/ceph/Dockerfile

Thanks,

                Ilya