Re: [ceph-users] Re: rbd-nbd crashes Error: failed to read nbd request header: (33) Numerical argument out of domain

On Tue, Aug 24, 2021 at 11:43 AM Yanhu Cao <gmayyyha@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Any progress on this? We have encountered the same problem, use the
> rbd-nbd option timeout=120.
> ceph version: 14.2.13
> kernel version: 4.19.118-2+deb10u1

Hi Yanhu,

No, we still don't know what is causing this.

If rbd-nbd is being too slow, perhaps disabling the timeout would help?
Starting with kernel 5.4, "--io-timeout 0" should do it.

In general, the nbd driver is pretty unstable in older kernels.
Timeout handling is just one example so I would advise upgrading
to a recent kernel, e.g. 5.10 LTS.

Thanks,

                Ilya