Re: hybrid allocator based on btree allocator

thank you Igor!

On Fri, Jun 25, 2021 at 4:45 PM Igor Fedotov <ifedotov@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi  Kefu and Adam,
>
> curious whether we have reliable enough set of numbers on how spatially
> efficient btree allocator is? I recall some Adam's comment in the PR
> showing 2x saving in BTree allocator vs. AVL on.

no, probably not reliable or enough. could you shed some light on how
i can get some reliable numbers? shall i run some load on an osd and
check the memory consumption of the allocator? if yes, do we have any
(recommended) benchmark for profiling the disk allocators?

> But the data set there seems to be relatively small - total consumed RAM
> is just a few MBs. Anything else available?

not so far.

> I recall Adam promised to run more vast testing at perf meeting....

i see.  will wait for his update then if we don't have a standardized test yet.