Re: Base container image for Ceph

I like the idea of using RH's UBI for having a more lightweight image. I doubt it will make a whole lot of difference once Ceph is installed, but who knows. Ultimately, I think choosing the option that will get the most reliable security fixes is the best option for users. I think UBI probably fits that bill, but if that turns out to be CentOS Stream, then we can do that as well.

This might be a good time to think about creating a new repo to build the image as well. I'm not sure how much of ceph-container's complexity we really need to have for building those images. IMO, having something a little more transparent might be better.

Blaine