Re: New RBD PTL

Congrats Ilya!  Very well deserved!

Mark

On 5/14/21 3:46 PM, Gregory Farnum wrote:
Hey all,

A couple months ago Jason Dillaman, our long-time RBD tech lead, moved
on from his job at Red Hat working on Ceph to a new opportunity. This
left a hole in the team we needed to fill on short notice, and because
I was asked to backfill Jason in Red Hat's internal affairs I also
took on some of his upstream tech lead duties on a fill-in basis — I
don't think this was ever discussed on the lists but it came up in CDM
and some meetings.

However, we've had more time since then to converse among the relevant
people and I am happy to announce that Ilya Dryomov has agreed to take
over the PTL role for RBD. Many of you know Ilya for his work
throughout Ceph's kernel clients (including especially the RBD module)
and sometime wrangling of security issues in our messaging layers, and
I look forward to him expanding his leadership role in the project.

Thanks!
-Greg