Ceph leadership team meeting 2021-04-21

This week:

Exploring whether we can deprecate FileStore (which isn't supported by
cephadm) in Q and remove in R. The conversion process is documented
but tedious - improve docs where we can, and add some automation if
necessary. When a decision is made, announce asap on ceph-users.

Blog posts for Pacific, still need content from RADOS, RBD, RGW and Dashboard.

CDS followup meetings are scheduled for Quincy planning:
https://tracker.ceph.com/projects/ceph/wiki/CDS_Quincy

Ubuntu Bionic crashes (https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/50218), related
to static linkage of the standard library from PPA. We'll try
disabling the PPA repo for nautilus and octopus builds. If they don't
build without PPA, we may need to pin an older gcc version from before
it started crashing.

YAML specification of ceph.conf options. We'll start backporting these
changes to Pacific now. Documentation can link directly to a config
variable using '.. confval:: <option-name>' or
':confval:`<option-name>`'. If any documentation changes need backport
to nautilus or octopus, their doc builds may fail on 'confval' and
need to be addressed manually.