Re: Is teuthology-openstack still available

Hey Xuehan,

It seems like we, at SUSE, were only who have been used teuthology-openstack,
but after we moved to the same backend as it was used by upstream lab,
any development of it stopped, and I think no-one is maintaining the one.
Instead it is preferable to use libcloud backend for using teuthology with openstack.
Also I don’t know why do you think it is still using PY2, since we ported everything
to PY3, and PY2 is officially unsupported in teuthology.

In short the teuthology-openstack can be treated as deprecated and sooner
or later will be eliminated from the Teuthology code base.

The deployment of teuthology can be different upstream and downstream,
and depends on the infrastructure needs, but it is currently based on
ceph-cm-ansible scripts.

For testing PRs there is currently used some kind of hybrid approach of
Terraform and ceph-cm-ansible, you can get familiar with scripts here

https://github.com/SUSE/teuthology-deploy

It is deploying a testing teutholoogy cluster in openstack.

Or you can do whole the staff manually.

Best regards,
Kyr