Ceph leadership team meeting 2021-04-14

Hi everyone,

Here are the highlights from this week's CLT meeting:

The Ceph Developer Summit Quincy Videos [0] are now available! We'll
be scheduling component specific meetings to prioritize features for
Quincy, based on the discussions we had at CDS. The Ceph backlog
trello [1] will be updated to reflect these. The meeting details will
be added to the community calendar [2] and sent to the mailing list.
Anyone interested in these discussions is welcome to join.

We have started planning a Ceph Virtual event, which will likely be
held in June 2021. The CFP and format of this event will be shared
with the community very soon.

The results of the Ceph User Survey 2021 are now available [3]. The
Ceph User Survey Working Group [4] is working on a summary insight for
2021 in the next month or so.

A point release is being planned for Pacific to address cephadm
upgrade issues from octopus, systemd issue reported in [5] and some
other bugs reported against 16.2.0.

We also discussed the idea of exploring a redmine plugin such as [6]
to identify already reported issues and avoid duplicate bugs.

There were some concerns raised about overlapping community meetings
on the community calendar using the same bluejeans room. Going
forward, we might use separate bluejeans rooms to solve this. If
anybody finds overlapping meetings useful, please chime in.

A quick reminder about these CLT meetings - Anyone involved in the
project is welcome to join them. The time, link, and detailed notes are in [7].
You can also find them in the Ceph community calendar [2].

Thanks,
Neha

[0] https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrBUGiINAakPEoaacUQwA6Aqv0uS4N7Yi
[1] https://trello.com/b/ugTc2QFH/ceph-backlog