Re: k8s kernel clients: reasonable number of mounts per host, and limiting num client sessions

On Mon, Apr 5, 2021 at 1:33 PM Jeff Layton <jlayton@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, 2021-04-01 at 11:04 +0200, Dan van der Ster wrote:
> > If one kernel mounts the
> > same cephfs several times (with different prefixes), we observed that
> > this is a unique client session. But does the ceph module globally
> > share a single copy of cluster metadata, e.g. osdmaps, or is that all
> > duplicated per session?
> >

> One copy per-cluster client, which should generally be shared between
> mounts to the same cluster, provided that you're using similar-enough
> mount options for the kernel to do that.

I suspect the problem is that if these are coming from mgr/volumes,
then each mount has a unique cephx user (and a client cap that locks
them into the exported directory), which means that the client
instances can't be shared.

sage