Ceph leadership team meeting 2021-03-31

The Ceph leadership team is composed primarily of team leads for the
various Ceph components. We meet weekly [1] to discuss project
direction, technical challenges, and plan events. The meeting minutes
are recorded on the Ceph etherpad [0]. Anyone involved in the project
is welcome to join.

Today we discussed some build issues relating to the release of
Pacific. A container build for CentOS 8 is failing in Shaman but built
for release. nfs-ganesha is also being built for CentOS 7 but not 8. A
fix [5] is in the works. Following build discussions, a round of
Kraken rum was dispensed to celebrate the successful and imminent
release of Pacific.

There are also new plans to host a monthly meeting for the Ceph
Dashboard to synchronize with component developers with an aim towards
improving cross-talk between developers and reducing dashboard
breakage with new code. Future discussion on this will take place at
the CDS next week.

Quincy is in planning now. In lieu of Cephalocon, we are hosting a
Ceph Developer Summit (CDS) to synchronize with community and discuss
plans for Quincy development. Some proposed topics are stored in
etherpad at [3]. A blog post is in the works [4].

[0] https://pad.ceph.com/p/clt-weekly-minutes
[1]
https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=9ts9c7lt7u1vic2ijvvqqlfpo0%40group.calendar.google.com
[3] https://pad.ceph.com/p/cds-quincy