Re: tcmalloc v2.8 and bad_alloc exceptions

On 25-2-2021 20:59, Casey Bodley wrote:
re: https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/49387 (rgw) and
https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/49240 (mgr etc.)

Mark and Yuval have shown that these crashes reproduce on fedora 33
only after tcmalloc is upgraded from 2.7 to 2.8. I'm guessing that
upgrade was installed on the smithis and gibbas somewhere around the
beginning of February when these crashes started showing up.

It looks like there was a regression in 2.8 that was reverted in 2.8.1:
https://github.com/gperftools/gperftools/commit/02d5264018cc76a36713f97329870dbf85969519
Ah, great, thanx for reporting that back.

A while back I noticed that all my tests where crashing in malloc code.
And the date coincided with a full package upgrade I did, and it did include new google-perf-tools.

So I reverted that change and went on with my life, thinking that it was a sort of cosmic incompatibility
hickup. Never gave it much tought, let alone to report it here.

I'll see if there is a 2.8.1 port available, and try with that

--WjW