Re: question about Project Zipper: File backend

Hi, Ken.

The upcoming Zipper 10 PR (WIP code here: https://github.com/dang/ceph/tree/wip-dang-zipper-10 ) has the code use a store other than Rados, and most of the code to make the store independent (there's still some hardcoded use of RadosStore, but that is planned to be fixed in zipper 10). The API is mostly complete, but there will be a few changes. Note that the first outside store will be more work than the others, because we need use it to figure out which APIs were added that should be removed. Soumya has started actively working on the DB store, so hopefully this will perform that task.

Basically, you need to implement all the sub-classes that the RadosStore does in rgw/rgw_sal_rados.[cc,h]. For testing purposes, you'll need to hard-code using your store, until Kaleb finishes the module loading code.

Keep in mind, the API is not in it's final form, and won't be until we have a second store committed, so be ready to make changes if necessary.

Daniel