Re: CEPH dmclock per-client QoS control

> On Jun 19, 2020, at 12:59 AM, qjpqzb@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use CEPH dmclock to see how it works for QoS control. Especially, I want to set “osd_op_queue” as “mclock_client” to config different [r, w, l] for each client. The CEPH version I use is nautilus 14.2.9.

That feature was never fully realized and did not support setting reservation, weight, and limit for each client. At best it simply kept a separate queue for each client so each client’s tags would increment independently thereby promoting some “fairness" between clients.

And as I look at master, it appears that the mclock scheduler was re-worked by Sam Just and that feature is no longer there.

> I noticed that in "OSD CONFIG REFERENCE" section of CEPH documentation, it states that "the mClock based ClientQueue (mclock_client) also incorporates the client identifier in order to promote fairness between clients.", so I believe librados can support per-client configurations right now. I wonder how I can set up the CEPH configuration to config different (r, w, l) for different clients using such “client identifier"? Thanks.

I’d started an effort to allow client configuration via librados but needed to move onto other rgw-centered tasks. Sam was looking at that code but I don’t know where he went with it.

Best,

Eric