Re: script for compiling and running the Ceph source code

Hi Bobby,

You can use systemtap script to get this, use Statistical Aggregates.

my systemtap github: https://github.com/gmayyyha/stap-tools

e.g.
func-latency.stp
---------------------
@define BIN_MDS %( "/tiger/source/ceph/build/bin/ceph-mds" %)

global ms
global count
global latency

probe   process(@BIN_MDS).function("MDSDaemon::ms_dispatch2")
{
        ms[tid(), ppfunc()] = gettimeofday_us();
        count[tid(), ppfunc()] <<< 1;
}

probe   process(@BIN_MDS).function("MDSDaemon::ms_dispatch2").return
{
        us = ms[tid(), ppfunc()];
        latency[tid(), ppfunc()] <<< gettimeofday_us() - us;

        ms[tid(), ppfunc()] = gettimeofday_us();
}

probe   timer.s(1), end
{
        foreach ([tid, func] in latency) {
                printf("TID: %d\tFUNC: %s\n", tid, func);
                printf("count: %d\n", @count(count[tid, func]));
                printf("latency:\n");
                print(@hist_log(latency[tid, func]));
        }

        delete count;
        delete latency;
}

output
--------
TID: 18960 FUNC: MDSDaemon::ms_dispatch2
count: 3
latency:
   16 |                                                   0
   32 |                                                   0
   64 |@                                                  1
  128 |@                                                  1
  256 |                                                   0
  512 |@                                                  1
 1024 |                                                   0
 2048 |                                                   0