Re: Dashboard API pull-request check

Hi Dan,

On 7/8/20 9:58 PM, Dan Mick wrote:

> I've temporarily removed the requirement the above check, as it's
> failing often on unrelated pull requests.  Once it gets back healthy we
> can reenable it (it still runs, it just won't cause the pull request to
> be blocked).

Thanks for the information and sorry if this test was causing issues.
Have these failures been reported on the tracker? It would be really
helpful if we could address these failures to make the tests more stable
and keep them enabled.

The night tests that perform the API tests on master have been passing,
so we should take a closer look at why they're failing on these pull
requests:

https://jenkins.ceph.com/view/all/job/ceph-api-nightly-master-backend/

In general, please reach out to the dashboard developers if you're
facing issues with the test, we're glad to help to get them resolved.

Please keep in mind that while it's currently called "Dashboard API",
the intention is to establish the dashboard backend as the official Ceph
REST API (as a successor of the "restful" module), to be used for
managing and monitoring all aspects of Ceph (with or without the
Dashboard UI). We'll rename the test on the pull requests to "Ceph API"
to make this more clear.

See https://pad.ceph.com/p/rest-api-stability-requirements and
https://pad.ceph.com/p/dashboard-api-test-improvements for some
background information and https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/40907 for an
overview of all ongoing work around the Ceph API.

Thank you,

Lenz

--
SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH - Maxfeldstr. 5 - 90409 Nuernberg
GF: Felix Imendörffer, HRB 36809 (AG Nürnberg)