Re: filestore and bluestore may list objects in different order

On Mon, Jul 06, 2020 at 09:13:58AM +0300, Mykola Golub wrote:

> Looking at the cases we have it happens for objects that have the same
> hash. When building the sorting key the bluestore escapes the object
> name string, while the filestore sorts with the raw object name, which
> may result in different order.

I left a note to the tracker ticket [1]. Actually it seems the
bluestor escapes the string incorrectly, which results in the order of
escaped strings is different than the order of not escaped ones.

But we can't just fix the bluestore escape function as the current
keys in db will become invalid.

[1] https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/43174#note-10

--
Mykola Golub