Re: S3 Select support?

Hi Matthew,

Yes, s3select is being worked on.  An initial "mvp" implementaiton by
Gal Salomon is in review upstream, and seems to be close to merging to
master.  I'm uncertain about backports to Octopus at this stage, but I
guess it's possible.

PR here:  https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/33228

regards,

Matt

On Tue, Jun 23, 2020 at 9:39 AM Matthew Vernon <mv3@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Do you expect S3 select support to be in Octopus+1?
>
> One of our users asked me about S3 Select support in Ceph (they thought
> it would be useful for a sample tracking system they're working on); I
> found a couple of old posts on this list about S3 Select, but not
> anything more recently, so I was wondering if this feature was being
> actively worked on and/or you had an idea of when it might make it into
> a release of Ceph, please?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Matthew
>

> --
>  The Wellcome Sanger Institute is operated by Genome Research
>  Limited, a charity registered in England with number 1021457 and a
>  company registered in England with number 2742969, whose registered
>  office is 215 Euston Road, London, NW1 2BE.

Matt Benjamin
Red Hat, Inc.
315 West Huron Street, Suite 140A
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48103