Workload in Unit testing

Hi all,

Ceph documentation mentions it has two types of tests: unit tests (also called make check tests) and integration tests. Strictly speaking, the make check tests are not “unit tests”, but rather tests that can be run easily on a single build machine after compiling Ceph from source .

unit tests: https://github.com/ceph/ceph/tree/master/src/test

In order to develop on ceph, I am using a Ceph utility, vstart.sh, which allows me to deploy fake local cluster for development purpose.  I am doing unit testing. And these tests are helping me. Thanks !

My question: How real and big is the workload of  unit tests? Are these tests enough for profiling function calls count, loop counts, parallelism to a good extent?

Thanks in advance !

BR
Bobby !