Re: vstart.sh complains module prettytable not found even when present on the system

On Thu, Apr 16, 2020 at 6:58 PM Rishabh Dave <ridave@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, 16 Apr 2020 at 11:51, Boris Ranto <branto@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Looking at the output, it looks like both of these ran with python2
> > since you got the python deprecation warning in both runs. Are you
> > sure you have prettytable installed for python3, i.e. pip3?
>
> Yes.
>

> > Another weird part about this is that I am also running f31 and I get
> > python 3 as default. Did you by any chance change your default python
> > version? If so, can you try switching back to python 3? It looks like
> > you can set your default python version with the alternatives command:
>

> I am using teuthology installed inside a python2 virtual environment.
> Perhaps that interfered. I haven't used Ceph from source this week
> yet. Next time I hit this issue I'll retry after deactivating the
> virtual environment.

Next time this happens you could also try inserting the following code
above the line causing the issue ( File
"/home/rishabh/repos/ceph/multifs-auth/src/pybind/ceph_daemon.py",
line 24).

import sys
print(sys.version)
print(sys.path)