Re: Ceph-fuse and libfuse3

On 15-4-2020 17:02, Yan, Zheng wrote:
On Tue, Apr 14, 2020 at 10:53 PM Willem Jan Withagen <wjw@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I got some questions from people asking if ceph-fuse would build with
libfuse3....
Which it doesn't as it generates compile time errors errors.

So checked the code and found 1 location where is said:
#if FUSE_VERSION >= FUSE_MAKE_VERSION(2, 9)

static void fuse_ll_fallocate(fuse_req_t req, fuse_ino_t ino, int mode,
                                off_t offset, off_t length,
                                struct fuse_file_info *fi)
{
    CephFuse::Handle *cfuse = fuse_ll_req_prepare(req);
    Fh *fh = (Fh*)fi->fh;
    int r = cfuse->client->ll_fallocate(fh, mode, offset, length);
    fuse_reply_err(req, -r);
}

#endif

But that looks more like a test to see if we are running the last
versions of libfuse2...

So there is no libfuse3 code in ceph-fuse?

No, there is no libfuse3 support code. We are working on it.

Too bad, since it will probably easier in libfuse3 to manage the cache invalidations
for shared files....

ATM it seems that the FreeBSD fuse client does not notice the fact that a file has
changed by another client on the cluster.

--WjW