Re: Resource requirements for integration test cluster

On Mon, Apr 6, 2020 at 11:29 AM <ulrich.weigand@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Sage,
>
> > I can provide some estimates and general guidance.
>
> Thanks, this is really helpful!
>
> > First, the test suites are currently targetted to run on 'smithi' nodes,
> > which are relatively low-powered x86 1u machines with a single NVMe
> > divided into 4 scratch LVs (+ an HDD for boot + logs).  (This is somewhat
> > arbitrary--it's just the hardware we picked so the tests are written to
> > target that.)
>
> What's the size of those LVs?  Do the tests require a particular minimum size?

see more about the hardware here
https://wiki.sepia.ceph.com/doku.php?id=hardware:smithi

cmeno@smithi110:~$ sudo pvs
  PV           VG      Fmt  Attr PSize    PFree
  /dev/nvme0n1 vg_nvme lvm2 a--  <372.61g 100.00m
cmeno@smithi110:~$ sudo lvs
  LV   VG      Attr       LSize  Pool Origin Data%  Meta%  Move Log
Cpy%Sync Convert
  lv_1 vg_nvme -wi-a----- 89.40g
  lv_2 vg_nvme -wi-ao---- 89.40g
  lv_3 vg_nvme -wi-ao---- 89.40g