Leave of absence...

Hi everyone,

I am taking time off from the Ceph project and from Red Hat, starting in
April and extending through the US election in November. I will initially
be working with an organization focused on voter registration and turnout
and combating voter suppression and disinformation campaigns.

During this time I will maintain some involvement in the Ceph community,
primarily around strategic planning for Pacific and the Ceph Foundation,
but most of my time will be focused elsewhere.

Most decision making around Ceph will remain in the capable hands of the
Ceph Leadership Team and component leads--I have the utmost confidence in
their judgement and abilities.  Yehuda Sadeh and Josh Durgin will be
filling in to provide high-level guidance where needed.

Iʼll be participating in the Pacific planning meetings planned for next
week, which will be important in kicking off development for Pacific:

	https://ceph.io/cds/ceph-developer-summit-pacific/

I am extremely proud of what we have accomplished with the Octopus
release, and I believe the Ceph community will continue to do great things
with Pacific!  I look forward to returning at the end of the year to help
wrap up the release and (hopefully) get things ready for Cephalocon next
March.

Most of all, I am excited to become engaged in another effort that I feel
strongly about--one that will have a very real impact on my kidsʼ
futures--and that will be easier to explain to lay people! :)

Thanks!
sage