Re: Backport device health fixes to Nautilus

Hi Benoît,

On 2020-02-19 08:04, Benoît Knecht wrote:

> I would like to see https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/28848 backported to Nautilus, as I'm currently unable to use devicehealth on 14.2.7 due to the fact that smartctl exist code > 0 is not handled properly.
>
> I cherry-picked those commits on the nautilus branch, and they all apply cleanly, but when I try to follow https://github.com/ceph/ceph/blob/master/SubmittingPatches-backports.rst#creating-backport-tracker-issues, I'm stuck because (as far as I can tell) the "master tracker issue" doesn't exist.

Indeed, seems as if this problem was fixed without a corresponding
tracker issue.

> What would be the best way forward in this case? Submit a PR without a backport tracker issue? Manually create the backport issue?

According to
https://github.com/ceph/ceph/blob/master/SubmittingPatches-backports.rst#tracker-workflow
it's fine to create a tracker issue "after the fact": "f the master PR
has already been merged and there is no associated master tracker issue,
you can create a master tracker issue and fill in the fields as
described below."

So the steps are:

1) create a tracker issue and get the status set to "Pending Backport",
adding "nautilus" to the "Backport" field.
2) Wait for the backporting team to create the corresponding backport
tracker issue.
3) Submit your backport PR and reference it in the backport issue

Hope that helps,

Lenz

--
SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH - Maxfeldstr. 5 - 90409 Nuernberg
GF: Felix Imendörffer, HRB 36809 (AG Nürnberg)