Re: FIO connection issue

On 15:20 Thu 13 Feb, Yiming Zhang wrote:

> > You can use "strace" tool to show the library loaded at run time.
> > For example, below command will show all the loaded library at run time.
> > $ strace fio --section=with_rwlcache changcheng.fio 2>&1 | tee strace.log
> > $ grep '^open' strace.log  | grep lib
> > "make install" command may install the library under /usr/local
> > directory, sometimes this will cause some error.
> >
> I tried to use strace, and the problem is in the rados_connection.
> If I switch to the ceph v12, the same fio works just fine.
> For v14, I noticed that `mon addr` is replaced with `mon host`. What’s the
> proper way to deal with it?
You can refer to below document:
   https://github.com/ceph/ceph/blob/v14.2.7/src/sample.ceph.conf
BTW, it seems that you've sovled the problem in the email sent to
mwatts@xxxxxxxxxx

Note:
   For Ceph
   1. If there's no need to do development on Ceph, you can the Ceph
   released by Linux distribution vendor.
   2. If you want to development on Ceph, prefer to:
      1) Use vstart.sh environment.
      Or
      2) Build Ceph source code into standard package to avoid
      build/link/load strange problem.
   Ceph has supplied the rule to build the source code into debian or
   rpm package format.

   For fio
   Prefer to build the source code into standard package. For example, I
   create below repository to build fio into debian/ubuntu package:
   https://github.com/changchengx/fio/tree/debian_tag_3.17
   For rpm package, you need sovle it by your self.

   Cross validation is important to make clear whether the problem
   happen in fio or Ceph before digging further.

B.R.
Changcheng