Re: cephadm next steps

Am 08.02.20 um 17:25 schrieb Sage Weil:

> The serve() one is the most important, IMO: we need it to (1) be parallel,
> (2) gracefully handle errors for each host and raise appropriate health
> alerts, and (3) update the cache as appropriate.  For the CLI case,
> whether it triggers the scrape synchrnously or somehow kicks serve() and
> waits is an probably-not-so-important detail.

The only concern I have is: We have to prevent to scrape in parallel: in
serve() and from the cli. We simply don't have enough connections to
spare. I've seen this for other calls as well: if serve() is busy doing
some background task, the cli basically hangs.

> On the other hand, the remaining internal _get_services() callers should I
> think all just use the latest cached state.

+1

> Right now the way the code is
> structured makes it very confusing which path is used for which, and the
> use of the async_map_completion help (currently, at least) makes it hard
> to tell which host failed.

The exception (with indeed very little detail) should be forwarded to
the completion.

> As for additional services (monitoring, nfs, etc.), I think that can
> proceed more quickly once we have the CLI and add/remove/update issues
> sorted out.  I may start with a RFC PR on that, but I would really
> like some feedback on whether the proposal makes sense.

https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/33205/files should also help with new
services.

--
SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany
(HRB 36809, AG Nürnberg). Geschäftsführer: Felix Imendörffer