Re: SafeMessage question

On 24/12/19 2:29 pm, Kefu Chai wrote:
+ dev ML
+ Patrick

On Mon, Dec 23, 2019 at 2:32 PM Jos Collin <jcollin@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Kefu,

I've been working on [1] and I have created a wip PR [2]. I saw your patch [3], which is being inherited by the MDS-MDS messaging classes now. So do you mean that from now on-wards we need to inherit from SafeMessage class instead of the Message class?
Jos, this change originally comes from Patrick.

see the commit message below

This is an opt-in wrapper around Message inheritance to prevent undesired get/put calls on the object.
please note, it's an opt-in wrapper, so it's not mandatory to use this
wrapper. the beauty of it is that it's convenient. but i think MDS is
moving to SafeMessage, see https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/31330 .
Thanks Kefu. I saw that patch later.