Re: local mode -- a new tier mode

Several considerations on deployment:

1.  How a traditional OSD(filestore, or bluestore W/O local cache) behavior if the OSD is selected as a PG member of the local-cache-pool?
hopefully the osd can just work as-is like an OSD with CACHE-FULL.

2.  Compared to other *global* caching mode, local-cache-mode cannot scale cache tier/storage tier separately, which will be a big caveats in real production environment,  especially for those case that the working set is consistent but the archival data amount is keeping  increasing.

Overall it seems like a alternative for b-cache/flashcache/i-cas , more test or analysis is needed to understand the benefit of this approach over the existing b-cache solution.

Honggang(Joseph) Yang <eagle.rtlinux@xxxxxxxxx> 于2019年10月13日周日 下午8:47写道:
After the sysbench prepare operation is completed, about 48883MB of db
data is generated.
I set the fast partition to 30GB, so in the sysbench run stage,
eviction was taking place.

Mark Nelson <mnelson@xxxxxxxxxx> 于2019年10月12日周六 上午12:15写道: