Re: Memstore information/documentation

On Thu, Sep 26, 2019 at 11:50 PM Mason-Williams, Gabryel
(DLSLtd,RAL,LSCI) <gabryel.mason-williams@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I was wondering if there is anywhere I can find thorough documentation on memstore and if there are any documented use cases? As the only documentation, I can find is https://ceph.io/geen-categorie/ceph-real-men-use-the-memstore-backend/

hi Gabryel, as memstore is a very simple object store backend. i am
afraid we don't have a thorough document on it at this moment.
probably the best reference is its source code.

i think the use cases of memstore is for profiling and prototyping, as
its name suggests, memstore is an in-memory store. so one can expect
that all I/O targeting it will finish in a jiffy. this property helps
us to identify the bottleneck in the other parts of OSD, for instance,
the messenger, OSD and PG. currently, we are developing a next
generation OSD dubbed "crimson", which is also using a variant of
memstore for testing.

--
Regards
Kefu Chai