Re: bluestore fsck behavior with legacy stats etc

On Thu, 8 Aug 2019, Anthony D'Atri wrote:
> How expensive are both of these conversions?  If execution takes say a
> few seconds per OSD, conversion during upgrade is more feasible than if
> they take a few minutes (or longer!) in which case clusters may need to
> run indefinitely without updating OSDs.

The legacy statfs update is pretty quick.  Igore has a PR open to do
the update on mount here

	https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/30264

which took ~20s for ~5M objects in his test.

The newer change to per-pool omap is slower because it require rewriting
all omap data.  How slow depends on how many omap objects there are..
maybe almost none for an RBD pool, may lots for an RGW or CephFS metadata
pool.

sage