Re: Rights to changing (own) trackers

On Sun, Sep 8, 2019 at 6:50 PM Sage Weil <sage@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sun, 8 Sep 2019, Willem Jan Withagen wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've been wondering for some time, but would it be possible to
> > allow to change ones own trackers???
> > And then I'm talking about:
> >   adding PR number
> >   backports
> >
> > Otherwise I'm in this catch-22:
> >   Cant add tracker number to PR until tracker is submitted
> >   But that would require a PR to be filled in.
> >
> > So now I first PR, than add tracker, and then rewrite PR commit.
> >
> > Should be an easier way.
>
> I fixed this for you by adding you to the ceph dev group.  I'm not sure if
> there is a general way to allow anyone to edit their own issues, though.

This is a problem I've seen on many public bug tracker systems.
Looking briefly at Redmine, there's an option to let users "Edit own
notes" (and to "Set own issues public or private") but not to edit
their own issues. My guess is that it's hard to define a clear
security model if people can update their own issues, since a lot of
times low-permission users aren't allowed to do things like change
issue status. :(
-Greg