Re: [RFC] New S3 Benchmark

On 8/20/19 7:58 AM, Lars Marowsky-Bree wrote:
On 2019-08-15T19:04:11, Mark Nelson <mnelson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Ha, I hadn't thought to check if that existed which was probably pretty
short-sighted on my part. :)
It's somewhat limited (only does GET/PUT/DELETE), but the crucial
benefit is that it allows direct comparison between the various
protocols.

Indeed!  Now that we have client endpoints and the universal fio wrapper in cbt it should be fairly easy to add that as another supported option there too.   I'll be very curious to see how hsbench and fio compare in terms of client side CPU usage and overall throughput.  I'm pushing about 15K 4K gets with hsbench right now at sufficiently high thread counts, but it's still using a lot of CPU to do it (~700%!) that's far better than getput was doing at least, but I still need to profile to see what's driving the usage up so high.

Mark

Thanks,
     Lars