Re: Migrate old EC pool to new EC pool (mimic)

Hi Paul

Thanks for your reply! They indeed are except  the
crush-failure-domain=host vs crush-failure-domain=rack.  The latter has
the preference since I've spread my OSD's on 2 seperate DC's.

As far as I know, modifying the crush rule on an existing / running pool
isn't possible (at least not on mimic not sure about nautilus). I quote
from the following Red Hat documentation found here:
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_ceph_storage/1.2.3/html/storage_strategies/erasure-code-profiles
and it goes: "Choosing the right profile is important because you cannot
change the profile after you create the pool. To modify a profile, you
must create a new pool with a different profile and migrate the objects
from the old pool to the new pool."

Also, let's assume it was possible, how would I modify my crush rules so
I could afford losing one DC without data loss?

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Valentin Bajrami
Target Holding