Re: Migrate old EC pool to new EC pool (mimic)

Hi Mykola,

Thanks for the explanation. I am exclusively running cephfs and all my
clients use the cephfs kernel driver. So I was reading this:
https://ceph.com/community/new-mimic-simplified-rbd-image-cloning/ ; but
I don't think this is something I could use. I'm not really interested
in snapshots.

I think I could create a new EC pool, then use a client to copy the data
from the old EC pool to the new one and then remove the old EC.
Subsequently, clients could connect to this new EC pool. This is a long
shot but is this feasible?

Thanks in advance!

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,