per client mds throttle

Hi,

Are there any plans to implement a per-client throttle on mds client requests?

We just had an interesting case where a new cephfs user was hammering
an mds from several hosts. In the end we found that their code was
doing:

  while d=getafewbytesofdata():
    f=open(file.dat)
    f.append(d)
    f.close()

By changing their code to:

  f=open(file.dat)
  while d=getafewbytesofdata():
    f.append(d)
  f.close()

it completely removes their load on the mds (for obvious reasons).

In a multi-user environment it's hard to scrutinize every user's
application, so we'd prefer to just throttle down the client req rates
(and let them suffer from the poor performance).

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Dan