Re: DPDK change made builds harder?

On Mon, Jun 24, 2019 at 5:14 PM kefu chai <tchaikov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Le mar. 25 juin 2019 à 05:56, Gregory Farnum <gfarnum@xxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
Hey Kefu, dev@

I rebased a branch on top of current master and now cmake doesn't work
for me. It's building in Jenkins so obviously it's some kind of
configuration issue, but I don't know what I should be doing to
resolve it.

I'm running Fedora 27. I "rm -rf build"; "./install-deps.sh";
"./do_cmake.sh" and get an error about an unsupported target.
https://paste.fedoraproject.org/paste/kbrTrAbr~GBY0DH0-Ndf8A
In particular, x86_64-native-linux-gcc is not in a long list of target
options? This seems to be a DPDK-only thing so there's not a lot of
help available online.

I rolled back master to the commit before
https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/28507 and it worked, but there might
have been something else more recent that broke it. (My first
candidate was today's update to a newer DPDK, but rolling back before
that didn't fix it.)

Any ideas?

Greg, could you update the dpdk submodule in spdk and try again?

AFAIK do_cmake.sh does this automatically and I ran git submodule update —force —init —recursive myself as well. That *looked* like it got dpdk to me but maybe I’m missing something else that needs to happen?

-Greg