Re: about ceph-mgr

Hi Hausiowen,

You can find (mostly) everything a developer may be interested in at
Dashboard's HACKING.rst
(https://github.com/ceph/ceph/blob/754e08017714543d71835c0deb3853603567f2b4/src/pybind/mgr/dashboard/HACKING.rst,
I'm sending you that commit because Github is not rendering that doc
in the master HEAD commit).

You can delete all front-end code, and it will still work because
Angular/Typescript code is 'transpiled' into Javascript code
(frontend/dist subdir), so you don't directly run the 'code' version
of the dashboard.

So, answering your specific question, you may either:
  - Run from build/ subdir: "make mgr-dashboard-frontend-build", and
then restart dashboard to reload new front-end ("ceph mgr module
disable dashboard && ceph mgr module enable dashboard"),
  - Use the development mode front-end Angular provides, which
performs incremental auto-builds every time you save a change: rename
proxy.conf.json.sample to proxy.conf.json and add the backend port and
HTTP/S proto and run "npm run start" (this will run a new front-end
server in a different port than the ceph-mgr one).

Let us know if that was of help to you!

Kind Regards,
Ernesto

Ernesto Puerta