Re: Problems with idle DCCP connections

> | I do, however, see a bunch of messages like the following
> | in /var/log/messages when using CCID-3: "dccp_sane_rtt: RTT sample
> | 8644424 out of bounds!"
> |
> This message warns that the network has an unusually high RTT (8.64 seconds).
>
> The warning is issued whenever the RTT exceeds 3 seconds, to avoid that the
> sending rate of CCID-3 is reduced too much (since X is proportional to s/RTT).
>
>  #define DCCP_SANE_RTT_MAX       (3 * USEC_PER_SEC)

My network RTT is nowhere near 8 seconds; it should be ~1ms... I'm
running my tests between VMs on the same machine... This must be a
result of the TFRC algorithm you mentioned that penalizes connections
with idle periods?

> | I will pull the current tree and double check it; however, my problem
> | (or at least the symptoms) appears to be fixed without CWV. I'll let you
> | know how the new tree works by Monday or Tuesday.

The current tree is also working perfectly. I ran several tests with
CCID-2 that had 5 second idle periods every few seconds and DCCP didn't
clamp down the sending rate. The transfer rate during the connected
periods was ~400Kbps, but that's a result of my research software, not
DCCP.

Samuel Jero