Re: Video streaming over DCCP quality measurment

Dear Rossy,

D-ITG has some built-in models for VoIP traffic over RTP.
This means that if you issue:

./ITGSend -a some_receiver_host VoIP -x G711.1 -h RTP

ITGSend will generate UDP packets with size and inter departure time that mimic those of a VoIP flow using RTP protocol and G.711 codec. Clearly, in such packets there will be no RTP header neither voice content, but the size and the inter packet time will be, at least, similar.

For video traffic, you could use some well known models such as that presented in "Analysis, modeling and generation of self-similar VBR video traffic" from Mark W. Garrett and Walter Willinger, and instruct ITGSend to generate UDP packets using the related packet size and inter packet time models.

Best regards.

AB

rostislava slavova wrote:
Thank you Mr. Botta, but by using D-ITG I get a generated test signal and parameters of this signal. And what about a real video stream? Is there any way to monitor it? Currently I'm using VLC for streaming and RTP as application layer protocol. As far as I know RTP is not implemented application layer protocol for D-ITG. Best regards,
Rossy

Търси се двойник!
http://zoom.bg/page.php?bid=6