Re: [DCCP] [RFC] [Patchv2 1/1]: Queuing policies -- reworked version of Tomasz's patch set

David Miller wrote:
From: Tomasz Grobelny <tomasz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 22:45:53 +0200

Maybe I wasn't clear enough with my question. I understand that
these two memsets would have to be readded. But my question is: did
you identify any bugs that were caused by junk in skb->cb before
applying your patch? If so, do you have any test cases? It could
help to check code for correctness if one day more space in skb->cb
will be needed (which of course doesn't have to be in the nearest
future).

I think Patrick noticed it because it broke netfilter.

Exactly, at least one path to the IP stack didn't clear
the CB (I don't recall the exact function, sorry). The
same is true for IPv6.

The testcase was transfering data over NATed DCCP connections,
some packets had garbage in IPCB(skb)->flags, which caused
IP to skip the POST_ROUTING hook, breaking NAT and conntrack.