Re: CCID2 TCP Friendliness Test ?

On Jan 17, 2008 5:17 PM, maillist ifiaas <maillist.ifiaas@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi friends,,
>
> Where can we find CCID2 (latest Linux release) test against TCP ?
> There seems no measurement study to validate the TCP friendliness on
> any existing implementation yet, including BSD.
>
> Emmanuel Lochin has did some test before, showing the BSD
> implementation was not very well:
> http://manu.lochin.org/dccp/tests/dccp_eval.html
>
> Any similar test for Linux CCID2 out there?
>
> Thank you very much!
>
> gavin

Easy enough to do a test with modified iperf. Gerrit and I both have
patches for iperf to run it continuously, use dccp and select the TCP
congestion mechanism - use Reno in particular.

I used to do this with simultaneous CCID3 and TCP to see that they
matched the rate, you could do the same for CCID2. You can use netem
also to constrain link or introduce loss also.

Regards

Ian
--
Web: http://wand.net.nz/~iam4/