Re: How much is available for reading on the socket?

| > > Arnaldo wrote a patch which realises SIOCINQ (it is in 2.6.24-rc1/2).
| >
| > And, on Linux:
| >
| > include/linux/sockios.h
| >
| > /* Linux-specific socket ioctls */
| > #define SIOCINQ         FIONREAD
| >
| > - Arnaldo
| >

| And I'm using this on the gstreamer plugin and it is working ok.

So that other people not have to make the same mistake as me and mistake
SIOCINQ and FIONREAD, I have patched an update to
Documentation/networking/dccp.tx (next email).

Have you got the sources available for the DCCP plugin: it would be
interesting to see how it is used. After the handshake ioctl(FIONREAD)
returns 0 for a while, and same after last read.

If done intelligently, this could solve the End-of-File problem reported
earlier by Remi Denis-Courmont.
-