Re: TFRC Faster Restart implementation for Linux DCCP

|  > There is an issue with the ping probes, will write up in a separate email.
|  >
|  I'm not intending to implement ping probes as per IETF mailing list.
I am just about to catch up with the results from Monday ... it seems the authors
are going to make the ping probes optional anyway.
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dccp/current/msg02478.html

The problem that I found with the ping probes is that they need to be sent at a
rate of max(t_ipi, 4*R). With small RTTs, this would mean bursts of 3..10 ping
packets per timer tick ... which is quite a lot for an `idle' connection.
-