Re: [ANNOUNCE]: Patch Preview

|  I'm not so confident when it comes to the debugging code which is why
|  I didn't comment. One thing is I notice this code which looks like it
|  could be useful if ported to DCCP:
|  http://master.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/davem/net-2.6.22.git;a=commit;h=8e2101a9faab43dcf307d46784a1ede7997fe729
|
|  This allows turning debug code on/off by sysctl.
Good idea, but I think that makes things unnecessarily complex. We would need
 * a sysctl subtree of net.dccp for each module wishing to debug something and
 * a sysctl variable for each such module
That makes the code much more complex. What this patch does is merely to switch

  "debugging is always turned on when DCCP and its modules
   are built statically into the kernel"

off, for the reasons that
 (a) someone who builds DCCP statically into the kernel is most likely not interested
     in developing and/or debugging the DCCP module and
 (b) will not much appreciate his syslogs being flooded by debugging messages turned
     on by default.

But as said, I have no strong opinions about this patch.

|  The new patches sound great but I find them hard to review all
|  combined. Arnaldo has asked for a git tree I see. Can that be
|  provided, or I prefer your directory structure of patches so I can
|  read though them? You implied that you had done this for new patches
|  but I can't actually find it.
No they are not meant for review. The sole purpose is, since the number of individual
patches is quite high, to get an overall picture. Patches will be submitted as soon
as there is time. I also have a lot of documentation that goes with it, will upload
that very soon - this allows also to understand the details better. And documentation
is the most important thing here - I have spent a lot of time just with a sheet of
paper: CCID3 is so complicated that without a diagram or a flowchart one gets very
very easily lost.
-