[dccp] DCCP and iotcl

Hi and thanks Ian,

I'm using the simple client/server application :
http://wand.net.nz/~iam4/dccp/dccp-cs-0.01.tar.bz2
I work on Debian etch with default linux kernel which is 2.6.18 for now.

I hadn't apply any patches yet, but I'm doing it today...
I patched dccp module with patches 1 to 6 with a similar command than below
Unfortunately, the 7th (07-2b_ccid3_tx-len-not-needed.diff) doesn't work :
 /usr/src/linux-source-2.6.18# patch -p1 <
/tmp/patchDCCP/07-2b_ccid3_tx- len-not-needed.diff
 patching file net/dccp/ccids/ccid3.c
 Hunk #1 FAILED at 149.
 1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file net/dccp/ccids/ccid3.c.rej

Am I doing something wrong ? or is there any issues with this patch ?
(and I guess the errors I get when I try the other patches come from
this first problem)

regards,
Patrick.

2007/2/21, Ian McDonald <ian.mcdonald@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
   On 2/22/07, patrick andrieux <patrick.andrieux@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm doing some research on DCCP, and I'm trying to use ioctl() function.
> I ran the sample code (from
> http://linux-net.osdl.org/index.php/DCCP_Testing  ) using
> -proto TCP. I added a few lines to use ioctl(), and it works with TCP
> (return value is 0).

Which sample code are you using? What version of Linux? Any extra patches?

> But it doesn't work with DCCP, I get -1 as return value.
> I took a look at DCCP source code, and basically my first step would be to
> display in the kernel log what dccp_ioctl() prints. My guess is that
> functionalities to use ioctl() are not implemented yet. am I right ?
> Is there any way to get some information from DCCP other than sysctl ?

Yes - use dccp_probe. It's in the source code tree and also on the
Wiki you were looking at.

cc'd   dccp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx as this is where we can discuss more (as per Leandro)

Ian
--