Summary and overview for tackling loss detection / loss history handling

In order to clarify some of the discussions on this list, I have done some summaries; essentially
a tidied-up write up of issues that were discussed on this list.

Loss Detection:
	Currently the CCVal/seqno of packets starting a loss event are out of sync in ccid3_detect_loss,
        which hinders fixing other bugs. I made a case analysis for this on

        http://www.erg.abdn.ac.uk/users/gerrit/dccp/docs/detect_loss_algorithm/detect_loss_notes.txt

        This contains an entire algorithm, for which a flowchart is on
	http://www.erg.abdn.ac.uk/users/gerrit/dccp/docs/detect_loss_algorithm/detect_loss_flowchart.eps
	http://www.erg.abdn.ac.uk/users/gerrit/dccp/docs/detect_loss_algorithm/detect_loss_flowchart.png
	http://www.erg.abdn.ac.uk/users/gerrit/dccp/docs/detect_loss_algorithm/detect_loss_flowchart.dia

Loss History Handling
	A systematic write-up of points raised earlier on this list is on

	http://www.erg.abdn.ac.uk/users/gerrit/dccp/docs/detect_loss_algorithm/summary_of_loss_handling_issues.txt

	This includes a list of currently known bugs which need fixing.

Loss History based on Ring Buffer
	I have worked out a generic algorithm to achieve fixed-size history handling in a LIFO ring buffer.
	The code is deceptively simple, based on a constant HIST_SIZE, and is online on

	http://www.erg.abdn.ac.uk/users/gerrit/dccp/docs/loss_history_ring-buffer/

	The detailed description of how this works is on

	http://www.erg.abdn.ac.uk/users/gerrit/dccp/docs/loss_history_ring-buffer/circular_fixed-size_loss-history_buffer.txt

I'd welcome any feedback and comments - if there is none, I may end up sending some of
the documents to the list ;-)
-