Re: CCID 3: Strategy for removing division bugs and division errors

Haven't read this all yet (and won't for a few hours) but a couple of things:

On 11/30/06, Gerrit Renker <gerrit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The detailed derivation is below, I am putting this into patches at the moment. It
would be good to have this codified before Ian starts testing.

My testing is not one off. There have been lots of changes so I expect
to do multiple rounds if there are problems.

  (a) Problem 1: Overflow
      Since currently receive/sending rates are stored as u32, this leads to overflow.

Have a look at http://master.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commitdiff;h=0ba7a3ba6608de6e0c0bfe3009a63d7e0b7ab0ce
for how it used to be in case it helps.

--
Ian McDonald